Arkansas Economic Developers & Chamber Executives (AEDCE) is the state’s premier association representing professional and volunteer economic developers and chamber executives in Arkansas. Previously organized as two separate entities, (Arkansas Economic Developers and Arkansas Chamber of Commerce Executives) the two associations merged in 2016 to create a stronger, more efficient, and unified alliance. AEDCE’s objective is to advance, through educational and professional efforts, the business climate and quality of life in Arkansas by the development of employment opportunities through economic growth and community development. This is accomplished through education, advocacy and our connected network of association members.
Governance: The governance of Arkansas Economic Developers and Chamber Executives is vested in a Board of Directors elected by the general membership and composed of:
- Two Directors from each of the four Congressional Districts, duly elected by the General Membership.
- The duly elected officers.
- First Vice President
- Second Vice President
- Two at-large directors appointed by the President.
- Ex-Officio Members
- Current Arkansas State Director for the Southern Economic Development Council.
- Immediate Past President of the Arkansas Economic Developers & Chamber Executives.
- Director of the Arkansas Economic Development Commission.
- President/CEO of the Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce/Associated Industries of Arkansas.
Activities of Arkansas Economic Developers and Chamber Executives include:
- Professional Development
- Economic Development Training
- Networking Opportunities
- Sharing of Economic Development and Chamber of Commerce News