Searcy Regional Chamber of Commerce
Tara is the Vice President of the Searcy Regional Chamber of Commerce, where she works closely with the President to oversee and manage all chamber revenue initiatives to include membership income, retention, advertising, and special initiatives. She is responsible for establishing financial performance goals, planning and executing chamber programs, special events and nurturing investor relationships.
- Birthplace and where do you live today? Heber Springs and I still live there.
- What do you love most about Arkansas? The people are what make Arkansas so special.
- Very few people know that I… collect antiques.
- The last book I read? The Pocket Book of Mindfulness
- Children and/or pets? I have two beautiful grown daughters, Lakin and Tyler. My pets include my one-eyed cocker named Winston and a cat named Racey.
- Phobia? Heights!
- Best place in Arkansas to spend the weekend? I love to travel the back roads stopping at all the local shops you find.
- As a kid, I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up?
- How long have you been in the chamber/economic development profession? What do you like most about your job? I have been in the business 16 years and I still love watching what a group of people can accomplish when they work together.
- Best career advice I would give someone in the Economic Development or Chamber profession? “Strive to constantly improve, but realize you can’t be good at everything all the time.”
Katherine is a Project Manager in Business Development for the Arkansas Economic Development Commission. She is responsible for developing relationships with new and existing businesses, industries, and communities in Arkansas. She negotiates and prepares incentive packages, provides corporate clients and business consultants with site selection services, and coordinates expansion projects in the state.
- Where were you born? Where do you live today? Born in Little Rock and still live there today!
- What do you love most about Arkansas? The warm feeling of familiarity and the constant welcoming and compassionate attitude from Arkansans all across the state.
- Very few people know that I… love to hunt and fish.
- The last book I read was: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
- Children and/or pets? Two dogs, Tazz and Cooper.
- Phobia? Water that is too dark or murky to see the bottom, especially if I’m swimming and can’t see my feet.
- Best place in Arkansas to spend the weekend? Fayetteville for a Razorback football game!
- As a kid, I wanted to be a Children’s book author and illustrator when I grew up…
- How long have you been in the chamber/economic development profession? What do you like most about your job? I have been in economic development for one year. I love being able to work with so many different industries and companies. But, my favorite part is getting to see the immense positive impact that a project can have on a community. Having the opportunity to work toward improving the lives of hardworking Arkansans is especially rewarding.
- Best career advice I would give someone in the Economic Development or Chamber profession? “Don’t be afraid to jump head first into any and all opportunities that will help you learn how to better improve the state!”