Malvern/Hot Spring County Chamber of Commerce
Lance Howell serves as the Executive Director of the Malvern/Hot Spring County Chamber of Commerce. He guides the Chamber in its mission of providing business leadership and promoting economic and community development along with managing the City of Malvern Revolving Loan Fund.
- Where were you born? Where do you live today? Born in Malvern and live there today.
- What do you love most about Arkansas? The landscape across the state is very diverse, but it all feels like home.
- Very few people know that I… still like to get on the dirt bike now and then. Since I was seven years old, I’ve always loved the combination of machine and outdoors.
- The last book I read was: …admittedly, too long ago.
- Children and/or pets? Let’s say we’re in between pets. No children – I hear they’re expensive.
- Phobia? Certain heights. Ironically, planes are fine.
- Best place in Arkansas to spend the weekend?Camping and hiking at Lake Catherine State Park and floating the Ouachita River
- As a kid, I wanted to be an architectwhen I grew up?
- How long have you been in the chamber/economic development profession? 2 years after 25 years in small business. What do you like most about your job? The service aspect ad seeing a start-up get off the ground.
- Best career advice I would give someone in the Economic Development or Chamber profession?“Ask questions and learn from your peers. Everyone wants to help you succeed.”
Economic Development Director
Sherwood Chamber of Commerce
Colleen is the Economic Development Director for the Sherwood Chamber of Commerce. She is responsible for helping to recruit new businesses, retain existing ones and assist businesses when they can expand operations locally. She is part of the overall planning and vison for the growth of Sherwood. In this role, Colleen also develops, cultivates and maintains positive relationships with elected officials, local agencies, existing business owners and potential businesses
- Where were you born? Where do you live today? Mt. Laurel, NJ and live today in Jacksonville, Arkansas.
- What do you love most about Arkansas? The beautiful outdoors and the people.
- Very few people know that I… spent time in Tokyo, Japan.
- The last book I read was: Light on Yoga (part of the curriculum for yoga teacher certification).
- Children and/or pets? I have 2 children: Daughter Faith age 19, Son Timothy age 18. Pets: dogs a cat and 6 chickens
- Phobia? Being trapped in a small space.
- Best place in Arkansas to spend the weekend? There are so many wonderful places but I think camping at Tyler Bend would have to be my favorite
- As a kid, I wanted to be afamous singer when I grew up.
- How long have you been in the chamber/economic development profession? I’ve volunteered and worked in chamber/economic development for just over 5 years. What do you like most about your job? The opportunity to be part of the growth and history of Sherwood.
- Best career advice I would give someone in the Economic Development or Chamber profession? “Listen to as many people as you can and always shoot for the moon because landing on the stars is not too bad.”