Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce
Lesa is Director of the Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce where she is the sole employee of the Chamber. She oversees Chamber operations, promotes local businesses, tourism, local schools & university, service clubs and non-profit organizations. She helps with organizing Chamber events & festivals and has been involved with revitalization and beautification in Lawrence County communities. She volunteers at community events. She also enjoys meeting visitors and giving them information about all the great things to see and do in Lawrence County. She plans on becoming more involved with economic development. She supports progress and growth and enjoys being part of the wonderful things happening in her county.
- Where were you born? Where do you live today? I was born and raised in Walnut Ridge, AR. But during my husband’s 20-year army career we have lived in Fort Stewart, Georgia; Fort Knox, KY; Ansbach and Vilseck in Bavaria, Germany; Monterey, CA; Fort Lee, VA; Lawrenceville (suburb of Atlanta) GA; Carlisle, PA; and now resides back home in Walnut Ridge, AR.
- What do you love most about Arkansas? The friendliest and most generous people you will ever meet live in Arkansas! There’s something for everyone! The Ozarks, the Mississippi Delta. We have abundant rivers and lakes for fishing, forests and mountains for hunting, hiking and biking. Our cities afford culture of all sorts. The best southern home cooking you’ll find anywhere! Beautiful fall foliage!
- Very few people know that I… Used to be very shy! Lol
- The last book I read was…. Written in my Own Heart’s Blood (Outlander Series) by Diana Gabaldon The Same Kind of Different as Me (in my book club)
- Children and/or pets? Two daughters (one on each coast) and a cat, Sadie.
- Phobia? Snakes! They are so unpredictable. And scary!
- Best place in Arkansas to spend the weekend? Anywhere, road trip and sightseeing new places with my husband Jon. I especially love off the beaten path places. You never know what treasures you might find.
- As a kid, I wanted to be a ________ when I grew up? Cowgirl – Flight Attendant – Bank Teller/Accountant
- How long have you been in the chamber/economic development profession? I have been in my job at the Chamber for 5 months.
- What do you like most about your job? Being a part of the progress and working with the community to make great things happen is what I like most about my job!
- Best career advice I would give someone in the Economic Development or Chamber profession? “Be friendly, be informed and be efficient!”
Cabot Chamber of Commerce
Amy is the Executive Director of the Cabot Chamber of Commerce where she, along with her staff, serve local businesses, schools, organizations and industries to promote healthy relationships and job growth. In addition to serving her community, she works with community stakeholders to promote events for the city of Cabot and Lonoke County.
- Where were you born? Where do you live today? I was born in Newport and currently live in Cabot.
- What do you love most about Arkansas? We get to experience all four seasons and the natural beauty of our lakes, rivers, wildlife, etc.
- Very few people know that I… was a second-degree black belt.
- The last book I read was: Honestly, I do not sit still long enough.
- Children and/or pets? Alex and Lauren, both married. And Logan, age 12.
- Phobia? Loss of a child.
- Best place in Arkansas to spend the weekend? Greers Ferry Lake or the Little Red River.
- As a kid, I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
- How long have you been in the chamber/economic development profession? What do you like most about your job?
I have been with the Cabot Chamber of Commerce for four years. By far, I enjoy the people the most, but I also enjoy helping to create a positive atmosphere for our current and future businesses.
- Best career advice I would give someone in the Economic Development or Chamber profession? “Listen, be a team player and establish positive relationships on a local, regional and state level.”